Search This Blog

Translate

Monday 26 August 2024

Belle in Summer

My lovely teamies at  Everybody Art Challenge are back from their summer vacation and we have a new challenge theme starting today which is "Anything Goes".  Do come and play along and share some love with the Design Team by leaving comments on their blogs.

Today, for my birthday card, I have used the beautiful "Belle in Summer" image from Mo’s Digital Pencil which is available in her shop here.  I love these images of women Mo drew for us all last year.  There is a wonderful variety to chose from here.  



I decided not to use Belle in her entirety.  She is a full length curvy woman in summer attire but I used just her face and upper body, coloured with my Copics and double framed within a diecut square overlapping an embossed frame.  I encircled Belle with a variety of hand coloured die cut and punched flowers and leaves and added a stamped ticket from my sentiment stamps.  If you are looking for inspiration to use your own Mo Manning images, check out one of my previous posts, I regularly post links to great sites where you can view cards made with her images as well as links to where to post your own Mo makes, in addition to details about her Patreon scheme.

I am entering my card into the following challenges:

Can you Handle the Pressure Anything using an embossing folder, optional leaves
CD Sunday Plus - #140 Always Anything Digital Goes
Creative Inspirations August - Summer Fun
Cupcake Inspirations - #600 Happy Birthday
And I'd like to give a big congratulatory shout out to Cupcake Inspirations who are celebrating their own 600th challenge and 15 years of challenges.  Happy Birthday Cupcakes!  
Dragonfly Dreams - August - "These are a few of my favourite things" (mine include images by Mo Manning, colouring with my Copics, Embossing folders, stamps, die cuts, flowers, birthdays and summer!  
Krafty Chicks #730 All Occasions
Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers #253 S is for Summer. Nothing snarky in my creation today but lots of summer!





 

12 comments:

Leanne said...

Very pretty flowers/colors nicely done. Thanks for playing our challenge at Krafty Chicks Challenge this week. Have a great day!

Leanne DT Member/KCC

meg said...

A stunning beautifully coloured image with gorgeous embellishments,thank you for joining in at CD Sunday Plus

Jane Savage said...

So beautiful in those gorgeous colours!
Thank you for joining us at Creative Inspirations! Jane (DT) Paper, Pencils & Pretty Things xxx

JulieP said...

I really love that you gave her such beautiful gray hair. Very pretty and very summery card. Thanks so much for playing with us at the Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers!

Diane said...

Absolutely beautiful!!
Thank you for joining our challenge at Can You Handle The Pressure!
Diane CYHTP Co-Owner
{Nellies Nest}
Co-owner: {Can You Handle The Pressure},NEW {Love Those Pretty Papers},{Word Power}, {Double D}, {Peace On Earth}, {Four Seasons}, {Two Old Bats}, {Stencil Fun}, {Triple B}, {Simply Clean & Simple}

Nora Noll said...

I love how you colored in that image. The gray hair ROCKs. I also like how you paired the image with the die cut flowers. They are a perfect frame. Thank you for playing with us this week at Cupcake Inspirations Challenge.

Nora
DT Member
Cupcake Inspirations Challenge

Jocelyn said...

I love the way you have put this card together and especially the way the die cut flowers and leaves match the ones around her hat. Thank you for sharing with us.
Jocelyn x
CD Sunday Plus DT

Pamela said...

Beautifully coloured and I love the frame and added embellishments.
Pamela
CD Sunday Plus DT.

Revati.p said...

Such a pretty card. Love the embossed background.
Thank you for playing with us this week at Cupcake Inspirations Challenge.

Revati
DT Member
Cupcake Inspirations Challenge

Margarets designer cards said...

Beautiful card, and very pretty colours
Thank you for joining us
Margaret
CD Sunday plus DT

Darlene said...

Beautiful coloring on this pretty image and I love the overall design! Well done! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Can You Handle the Pressure challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

Darlene
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
Co-Owner … Can You Handle the Pressure, Double D, Four Seasons, Peace On Earth, Stencil Fun, Simply Clean & Simple, Two Old Bats, Triple B, Word Power, Love Those Pretty Papers

Donna said...

Gorgeous! Thanks for celebrating summer with Edna and the Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers!!