Search This Blog

Translate

Monday 12 August 2024

Fishy Little Mermaid Set

I have recently returned from a trip and my computer is STILL playing up. It's actually driving me nuts.  The internet is turning on and off literally every three seconds and I have a VPN which is  suddenly confusing all of the places I visit to the point where I keep being unable to  access my own blog or Facebook pages because the sites don't know it's me.  I've had the VPN for a year.  I have no idea why it's causing me such a problem now.  

On top of that, it's blimmin roasting in England.  We suffered with October weather from October through July (except when I myself was abroad of course - then the weather in England was more summery) .  We had the heating on in June it was so miserable but now it is positively tropical.  The house is uncomfortably toasty and my Craft Space is in the attic and is way too hot to sit in.  

I brought my alcohol markers into the lounge and coloured this image there but the curtains were closed to keep the worst of the heat out and I was working on my lap which is never a good idea so my colour work is a bit of a disaster but I still like my card because the fish is so cute!   It is actually the same fish resized and flipped horizontally, with one of them wearing spectacles with glossy accent lenses.  I was following a sketch from the lovelies at Sketch Saturday.  I was a member of that team for years but gave it up when life got in the way.  The fishy and the big seaweed sprig behind the rock is from Mo's Patreon Page HEREThe rock with it's urchins, coral and darker green leaves is from Mo's Little Mermaid set in her store HERE .  You can also purchase the rock image with two mermaids and some fish in rubber from Penny Black. It's an adorable stamp set called simply Mermaids. My sentiment is word processed, the fish have sparkly Wink of Stella scales, and I have used two stencils - a kind of dappled light one and a sunrays one for the background.  

I am entering my card into the following challenges:

AAA Birthday #64 Critters
CD Sunday Plus - Always anything digital goes
Seize the Birthday #289 Cute Critters

Simon Says Stamp (Mon) - Sparkle & Shine (There is wink of stella on my fish and the lenses in the fish's glasses are shiny)

Sketch Saturday #757 Sketch 

Stencil Fun Challenge - August - Summertime

Sweet Stampin - Summer Fun


 

Edited to display my excitement having been selected in the top 3 from the lovelies at Sketch Saturday and at CD Sunday!  Thank you so much.  I'm thrilled




11 comments:

meg said...

Your underwater scene made me smile,great choice of colours for the fish,thank you for joining in at CD Sunday

Carol said...

Hi Lesley. Considering the heat problems you were experiencing you have produce a fab card. I love it. I haven't done well in the heat either. Curtains all closed and wearing cotton Pjays.
Carol xx
CD Sunday Plus DT

Diane said...

A super cute, creative and fun card for summer!! It surely has been odd weather everywhere, it's been cooler here all week in lower Michigan, but better then that miserable heat we had previous!!
Thank you for joining our challenge at Stencil Fun!
Diane SF Co-Owner
{Nellies Nest}
Co-Owner: {Stencil Fun},NEW {Love Those Pretty Papers},{Word Power}, {Double D}, {Peace On Earth}, {Four Seasons}, {Two Old Bats}, {Can You Handle The Pressure}, {Triple B}, {Simply Clean & Simple}

Darlene said...

OMG what a clever take on our sketch! Well done ... beautiful coloring! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at Sketch Saturday! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often. We appreciate your support!

Darlene
SS DT
SKETCH SATURDAY
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

Pamela said...

I think your colouring is just perfect! I love this scene.
Pamela
CD Sunday Plus DT.

Jocelyn said...

This is such a lovely, fun card. I love those fishes and I think your colouring is great. My craft room is also at the top of the house so I know what you mean about the heat. Thank you for sharing with us.
Jocelyn x
CD Sunday Plus DT

Vicki Dutcher said...

THOSE FISH ARE SO FUN!! I love the glasses too - thanks for joining in at STB

Pat K said...

Adorable card Lesley. Thank you for joining us at Sweet Stampin. Pat K x

Margarets designer cards said...

Beautiful underwater scene, love your colouring and great sentiment
Thank you for joining us
Margaret
CD Sunday plus DT

The Crafty Den said...

What a fun card Lesley. Your fish look so cute and happy and your colouring is fantastic. Thankfully it has cooled down a little here; hope it has for you too. Thanks for sharing with us at AAA Birthday challenge this month. Hugs, Denise x

JoAnn said...

Those fish are so cute and your coloring looks fine. Love your card. Thanks for joining us at Seize the Birthday.