Search This Blog

Translate

Tuesday 21 February 2023

Birthday Cocktails!

Oops!  I've just realised I forgot to press "publish" on today's post so I'm late for my DTs but I'm congratulating myself for still being on the right day!  For my card I have used this fabulous new image from Mo’s Digital Pencil called "Champagne for Two". It is my new favourite image.   This beauty comes holding two champagne flutes but I really wanted at least one of the glasses to be more tulip shaped for a colourful cocktail.   I asked for and received permission directly from Mo Manning to make this small change to her already perfect digital image.  Ordinarily it would not be permitted but I'm so glad Mo agreed to my request.  The swapping of one of the champagne flutes for a Tequila Sunrise worked so well for the intended recipient of my card and also with this fun laugh-out-loud sentiment by My Favorite Things.   


I enjoyed adding some Tim Holtz stencilled splats and drink rings in the background for a fun young vibe and I was amazed at my success colouring the folds of her dress.  I have the wonderfully talented Faye Wynn-Jones to thank for that!  I attended her brilliant colour classes and enjoy watching her You Tube tutorials too!  

We have a new theme for "Birthday" at Everybody Art Challenge and we would love to see your creations. Do check out the wonderful inspiration of my teamies and share some love with the Design Team by leaving comments on their blogs.

And don't forget there is a sketch challenge running at Stamping Sensations.  You can see the sketch in my last post. 

There is a Facebook page where members can upload their Mo Manning creations and we look forward to seeing you there. It's easy to become a member.  Just click HERE And check out Mo's other sites where there is lots of inspiration from my teamies.
* Dream Team Blog HERE for inspiration
* Mo's "Patreon" Page HERE. 
There are three levels of Patron to choose from with a minimum of just $2.50 per month!  

I am entering my card into the following challenges:

CD Sunday Plus - #104 Anything Goes
Creative Inspirations -Feb - Anything Goes
Inkspirational #282 Use stencils and optional spatter
Krafty Chicks # 651 CAS
Passion for Markers -#678 Favourite stamp or dig 

Stencil Fun - February Use stencils and optional hearts

Sweet Stampin - Feb - No squares
Time Out #232 Happy Birthday (Especially happy 9th birthday to the Time Out team)
We Love Stamping - Feb - Add a stencil


Edited to add a happy spot in the top three from the lovelies at CD Sunday Plus and in the top 4 from my friends at We Love Stamping!  Thank you so much!!!



  


15 comments:

brenda said...

She looks like my kinda girl Lesley (maybe not that tiny waist!) love your design, many thanks for sharing with us at We Love Stamping and for adding the stencil option.

B x

Linby said...

That's a fab image and love you used my fave cocktail too. The stencilling colours are the perfect sunrise also. Thanks so much for sharing with us at We Love Stamping challenge.

Leanne said...

What a wonderful card, I like the background and your image is colored wonderfully. Thank you for playing our Clean and Simple Challenge this week at Krafty Chicks Challenge. Happy Crafting.

Leanne DT Member/KCC
Krafty Chicks Challenge

Linda Mc Enery said...

Ooo, she's a cutie that I haven't spotted in store yet! Love what you've done with her. The sentiment is wonderful! Thanks for sharing this with us at Passion for Markers!
Linda

Darlene said...

AWESOME! I have this stencil and what a great scene you have created using it! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our STENCIL FUN challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

Darlene
STENCIL FUN CHALLENGE
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

P.S. Did you hear the news? We have another new challenge blog we'd love to have you come check out and play along in. It all begins on March 3, 2023. It's called Triple B. Fun with Birds, Butterflies & Blooms. Would love to have you pop over! Appreciate your support!

Crafty KJ said...

Wow, this is absolutely stunning! A gorgeous image and your colouring is awesome - those folds in her dress are just perfect! Love the background you've created and how amazing that you were allowed to change the glass! Really love that sentiment too! Thanks so much for joining in with my challenge this week at Passion for Markers. Hugs, Karen x

Marlena M. said...

STUNNING coloring on her dress and I LOVE your choice of colors for the stenciling! Thank you for joining us at INkspirational~

Jocelyn said...

This is fabulous and I really like the splats in the background. It goes perfectly with the main image. Thank you for sharing with us.
Jocelyn x
CD Sunday Plus DT

https://shinebrightandcreate@blogspot.com/ said...

A fabulous card and I love the image too. The highlights in her dress are just perfect, it really emphasizes the movement in the skirt. A glass in each hand.... sounds like a great cocktail night! Michelle x

Kate said...

She is absolutely fabulous Lesley! Gorgeous colouring and love the balancing act with the champagne and cocktail! Great sentiment!! Thanks for taking Time Out to join our birthday festivities at Time Out Challenges - hope we’ll see you in the gallery again soon!
Hugs, Kate (Cards a la Kate)!

Margarets designer cards said...

Very elegant card, and beautifully coloured.
Thank you for joining us
Margaret
CD Sunday plus DT

Wendy Jackson said...

Such a fabulous image Lesley for your card and lovely colouring …. I love her wonderful dress

Thanks so much for joining us on the Passion for Markers challenge….

Love and crafty hugs from

Wendy (DT)

Quillish said...

Love, love, love your coloring! In her little black satin dress - she is dressed to kill at our Birthday party. Also the background is so fun. Thank you for joining us at Time Out challenges. Hugs ~ Ishani

Mrs A. said...

Your folds look amazing. Hugs Mrs A.

Lisa said...

Fabulous image and great coloring. I love the background for her too.