Search This Blog

Translate

Tuesday 18 October 2022

Bingo at Everybody Art AND Autumn reminder at Stamping Sensations

It's not often that I can make just one card for my three Design Teams but today is the day! We have a new Bingo theme at Everybody Art Challenge and I have included the board beneath my card.  Had I used just a few more design elements I would have been able to cover the whole board and shout "Bingo" but I was aiming for just the top row of Ribbon, Autumn Colours and Tags.


My card today uses Harvest Fairy Apple from Mo's Digital Pencil
. I've owned this little cutie for years but I have always been a little intimidated by the thought of colouring the apple with my alcohol markers.  So I didn't!  Instead, I printed her a second time on masking paper and cut out just the apple from the mask.  I then covered over my fairy and background and inked through the apple-shaped hole in the mask with my blending brushes.  It came out even better than I hoped and I went on to hand colour the fairy and add a little Wink of Stella to her wings and some Glossy Accents to the apples in her hair.  I additionally stencilled some leaves on the background and added ribbon and tags for my Bingo row.    I have to say, I just loved how this card turned out!  I can't remember the name of my papers.  I bought the pack in the USA and just brought a couple of sheets home to use here.  The tag punch is by Stampin Up.


This card is also my mid-month reminder of our "Autumn" theme  at Stamping  Sensations where our sponsor is Highlight Crafts and where we would love to see you!

And don't forget there is a Facebook page where members can upload their Mo Manning creations and we look forward to seeing you there. It's easy to become a member.  Just click HERE And check out Mo's other sites where there is lots of inspiration from my teamies.
* Dream Team Blog HERE for inspiration
* Mo's "Patreon" Page HERE. 
There are three levels of Patron to choose from with a minimum of just $2.50 per month!  

I am entering my card into the following challenges:
Allsorts #698 Add a sentiment
Aud Sentiments #298 Fall + sentiment
CD Sunday Plus - #96 Anything Digital Goes
Colorhues #51 Orange & Green
Creative Inspirations - October Autumn or Halloween
Polkadoodles #42 Anything Goes

We Love Stamping October Autumn Colours

Seize the Birthday #249 Faces (human or animal)

Simon Says Stamp (Wed) - Fall Colours 








15 comments:

Carol said...

A truly lovely card. I am not sure I completely understand your method but that doesn't matter as the result is great. We all do different types of crafting - which is so much fun.
Thank you for joining us.
Carol xx
CD Sunday D

brenda said...

A perfect Autumnal creation Lesley, thanks for sharing with us over at We Love Stamping this month.

B x

Pamela said...

A very pretty card. The fairy and apple are coloured beautifully.
Pamela
CD Sunday Plus DT.

Pauline C said...

Fantastic card Lesley - I totally agree your shading on the apple turned out amazing! Thanks so much for joining in with my "Add a Sentiment" challenge at Allsorts this week.
Pauline xx

Jocelyn said...

That apple looks amazing and I love the stencilled leaves around the edge. Thank you for sharing with us.
Jocelyn x
CD Sunday Plus DT

I Card Everyone said...

OH, my goodness, Lesley - you're a genius!! Your mask was a brilliant idea! I have given Copics a try and it isn't one bit easy to make that shape come out right on such a big image!
But I can see you have plenty of skill with those markers, my friend - your little fairy couldn't be more darling!
Now, where did I put that masking paper...
=]

crafty-stamper said...

Love the gorgeously cute image and fabulous colouring -great co-ordinating papers and Autumn colours
Carol x

Linby said...

So cute and lovely autumnal colours.

Cindy Beach said...

What a fabulous card, Leslie! Masking so that you could sponge the apple is brilliant and it looks fabulous! So many sweet details. Thanks so much for playing with my challenge at Color Hues!

KraftyKoolKat said...

This is so gorgeous Lesley. Such fantastic colouring and layout. Thank you so much for sharing your lovely creation with us at We Love Stamping.
Hugs
Cathy
xxxx

Mrs.B said...

A gorgeous card Lesley and it's coloured beautifully, the apple looks fabulous.
Avril xx

Ashwini Rao said...

Spectacular coloring! I am amazed by the apple's coloring as well - looks good enough to eat!! Its such a wonderful card, but sorry that you haven't really followed all the rules of the Seize the Birthday challenge. Please refer to them at the bottom of the page and join us again soon!

Margarets designer cards said...

What a lovely sweet card, I love your image and the colouring on the apple is brilliant
Thank you for joining us
Margaret
CD Sunday plus DT

Hannelie said...

Oh this is absolutely adorable! Great use of the challenge colors!
Thanks for joining us at Color Hues!

Mervi said...

Fabulous and adorable card.
Thank you for sharing at We Love Stamping Challenge;-))m