Search This Blog

Translate

Sunday 12 June 2011

STAMPTACULAR # 115 Dads or Grads

This week at Stamptacular Sunday Challenge we have a choice for you to make a card or project suitable for either "Dads or Grads".
I opted to make a card for middle daughter (pictured here with her Dad) who recently made us so proud when she was awarded a Doctorate in Clinical Psychology. Our sponsor this week is the amazing My Favorite Things who have so many gorgeous stamps to choose from and are offering one lucky randomly picked entrant an amazing $25 gift certificate.    My Favorite Things stocks, amongst other images, loads of Pure Innocence.   Don't you just love those cuties.   Sadly I think the Pure Innocence image I picked for my card has now been retired but MFT do have a very similar one on their website.
I used a very simple layout for my card; deciding on Stampin Up papers and a bold red mount.   I altered the robes of the image slightly to better mimic the actual dress worn by Laura on the day of her graduation and also extended the girl's hair with my Copics.  Two Autum Leaves' tickets, a sentiment by Fiskars, some Craftworks Candy and a little hand made doctorate scroll finish it off.

11 comments:

dolcreations said...

Lesley this card is so perfect for your daughters graduation. I love the very vibrant colours of the blue....gorgeous! Congratulations to your daughter!

Anonymous said...

Well first of all HUGE congrats to your daughter!! That is such a big accomplishment!! What hard work!! I'm sure you're very proud of her!!

Your card reflect how proud you are...beautiful design and matching elements on your little girl image!! Very nicely done sweetie!!

Julie said...

Hi Lesley - Wow the image is just a great reflection of Laura and Tom, he looks so proud too! Great colour scheme and fab used of the sentiment!! The little degree scroll is perfect!! Juliexx

Dena said...

Lesley, oh you should be soooo proud of your daughter! Congrats to her!
The card is so perfect for her accomplishment and LOVE the sentiment! Very nicely done Lesley, even though I am still upset that you didn't come see me. haha!
Hugs, Dena

Dee said...

Hi lesley, I've also only been blogging 6 months,since Christmas. I would love to post more but work full time, really envious wish I could cut my hours down. I've looked through your blog and you make such lovely cards. Pop over to my blog if you can spare 10 minutes. Dee xx

CraftyC said...

Gorgeous card Lesley and love the sentiment. A fab family photo to!
Clairexx

Vicky said...

WOWWW....well done to your daughter hun no wonder you are so proud of her thats brilliant.
Gorgeous card hun love the colours & the image is perfect.

Lotsa hugs Vicky xxx

Janiel/ janny said...

Hello Lesley dear.... Love the peek into your life with the photo. :o) Beautiful family dear!! You should be sooooo proud of your daughter... what a huge accomplishment!! The card looks PERFECT!!! Loving the colors and the sentiments are so so perfect.......
big big hugs to you......
Janiel

anita01 said...

Hai Lesley,

Heerlijk al jou mooi's. heb het weer bewonderd hoor hi,hi,

Bedankt voor je lieve woorden op mijn blog, supertjes hoor.

Warme groetjes,
Anita.

Mina said...

wow Lesley you certainly dont look old enough to have a Daughter that grown up (I have met you so know what Im talking about girl lol)...your card is just perfect for your wonderful girl
Mina xxx

Faye said...

Wow, I'm not surprised you are proud, I have to think about spelling Doctorate, let alone the subject your daughter did it in! ;) This is a fab card, the colours work really well with the image, who has an uncanny resemblance to your daughter! Fancy that! xxx