Search This Blog

Translate

Friday 3 September 2010

Papertake Weekly's One Stop Craft Challenge

It's been a busy week!   Hubby and I went to Prague for three nights and I am behind with my blog comments and crafting.  I did manage to whip up a quick card for a lovely friend of Tom's called Mo.  
We ran into Mo at a drinks party recently having been out of touch for too long.  She is so lovely; warm, affectionate and giggly.  Someone at the party said how great it would be if all that lovely warmth could be bottled. She was modestly very touched by the comment.  So with this in mind, I made a card for her which I am entering into One Stop's challenge of "how sentimental" and Papertake Weekly's challenge for "just the one".  The main feature of my card is this fabulous sentiment stamp by Waltzing Mouse which fits perfectly into Spellbinder Nesties Labels 4.   There is a second little squiggle (like the one under the word "pure") on the orignal stamp but I simply wiped my ink from that section and word processed the words "Eau de Mo" in it's place.   I used "only the one" colour - brown.  I cut my bottle using my Cricut Machine, the George and Basic Shapes cartridge and my Cricut Studio Programme.  I welded a tag shape with a rectangle, topped with a triange and hey presto - got myself a bottle shape.  I printed a partial flourish (from the same WM stamp set) and cut it partially with a scalloped oval Nestie to add a little something to the neck of the bottle.  It is a very simple card, using some papers from my scrap box, but it's perfect for the recipient!

18 comments:

Lia said...

great card lesley I love the papers
hugs Lia

Jules said...

Hi Lesley

Totally, totally perfect - I love it!!!

Such a great idea. Beautiful words and beautiful neat work and colours.

I would be over the moon if I was to receive something as special as this.

Sounds like you had a lovely time away.

Love Jules xx

lalkygirl said...

fabulous card lesley ,just the perfect sentiment for your friend,it looks great in sepia colours
happy crafting
tracey x[lalkygirl]

debby4000 said...

Oh this is fabulous Lesley what brilliant card.
luv
Debby

Unknown said...

Oh Lesley this is lovely..and how wonderful of you to personalise it!! Thanks for taking the time to join us over at one stop and I hope you enjoyed Prague xx

chris said...

Hi There Lesley, Wow talk about make a girl feel special. this so defineately will, its so gorgeous.
hugs chris xxx

Anonymous said...

Oh wow!! Such a darling project!! I love the Vintage style and colors!! :) Too cute!!

Mrs A. said...

What a super super card. I'm sure your friend will really love it.

Deb said...

wow, how clever, love this very personal card, have a fabulous weekend, hugs Debx

Beebeebabs said...

Wow this is great you did a nice job especially the inking tfs!!!

Faye said...

Oh Lesley, you are so creative, and this card is perfect for Mo! xxx

Lexxie said...

This is fantastic Lesley! I love how you've adapted the wording, sheer genius and it looks seemless!
Hope you had a fab time in Prague, I would love to go there!
Love Sarita xx

Wiccababe said...

what a fantastic, unique card - I bet she treasures it.
thankyou for your lovely comments on my blog, I love getting them. And I just wanted to say congratulations on your decision to give up, you won't regret it
Debz
xx

Annie said...

how ingenious! beautiful subtle colours.
hugs, annie x

Anonymous said...

What a brilliant and unique card! I'm sure your friend will treasure it!

Val said...

This is just fab - what a wonderful idea.

Hope you had a lovely time in Prague.

Hugs
Valxx

Julie said...

Another divine and unique creation from you Lesley!! Love the way you've personalised this fabulous label stamp!! Big hugz, Juliexx

Julie said...

What a lovely card, I'm sure Mo was thrilled to receive it.