Search This Blog

Translate

Monday 20 July 2020

...and now for something completely different...

Having done a  bit of Facebook stalking in recent weeks, I was hugely taken by Eileen Godwin who does fantastic stencilled backgrounds fronted by bold silhouette images.  Eileen's work is very abstract - something I am not good at but I grabbed an Altenew poppy stencil which came free in a magazine, a Tim Holtz sunburst stencil, some Distress Inks, a Dina Wakley image stamp and a Dylusions sentiment stamp and came up with this card for a friend named Poppy.
I struggled to get a really dark impression using the stamp so I restamped it with Versamark and embossed it in clear Wow powder.  The sentiment has been embossed with white and, following Eileen's example (but using Ranger liquid enamel), I added a few black dots to add some extra interest.  I was very pleased with how my card turned out and I am entering it in the following challenges...  Creative Inspirations - July "in the garden",Time Out - #166 "peaceful"; and Crafty Creations - July #411 "anything goes".

4 comments:

sandie said...

Well I think you did a great job at making an abstract card! The background worked out perfectly and the mix of colours is fab and so perfect for the funky image. Thanks for joining Time Out x

Gina's Cards said...

This is beautiful! The poppies are gorgeous and I love the image, it all looks fab! Thank you for sharing with us at Creative Inspirations, good luck.
Hugs
Gina xx

Shauna said...

So fun! I love the artsy look of this card and how you paired the silhouette with that background. Thank you so much for joining us at Time Out Challenges!
- Shauna

aussie aNNie said...

Love this card, I too got this stencil, it is fabulous. following you now, if you like to follow me feel free to do so. xx