Search This Blog

Translate

Tuesday 23 July 2019

This is actually last week's Chastise Chooseday Post!

I set myself a challenge to choose some of my stash to play with and make a card each week for posting on a Tuesday.   I missed last week because although I had made a card, I was not sure that the recipient had seen it.   This was for my beautiful goddaughter who has just been awarded a 1st class degree.  She is an artist and for her final exhibition piece, she painted something arty on an antique  bed which she herself restored !
I decided to make her a card with my focus on the bed element of her piece and I used Sizzix Bigz Dies Pediments by Tim Holtz to make my bed.  I embossed and hand cut the bed linen to match the DP and I added a little mortar board with a tiny handmade tassel.   The sentiment die is by Papertrey Ink.  I embossed some brown card with a wood-style embossing folder and cut down the pediment a little to help with perspective.  I used the cut negative space for the feet.

I've just found a FB page for Tim Holtz Sizzix that I am looking forward to joining.

No comments: