Search This Blog

Translate

Saturday 23 June 2012

Sketch Saturday #213

It's Saturday which means another fab sketch from
This week we are so grateful to Joy and Judy from The Digi Doodle Shop for sponsoring us.  I actually flipped the sketch vertically and moved the circular element to the bottom right because my background DP had a motif in that corner that I wanted to obscure.  I made my circle a little smaller and mounted it on a Magnolia doohicky doily die cut.  The tag and buttons are part of the background DP so I used a second page to cut them out, glazed the buttons and decoupaged them on top of the original.  My "Baby" sentiment stamped on top is Papertrey Ink and I added ribbons, a bow and a little pacifier (what we, in England, call a dummy).
The DPs are both Forever Friends and my image is called Baby Blanket by Lili of the Valley; coloured in Copics and Promarkers.  I have just became a Great Auntie (well, I think I've always been a great auntie) but my eldest niece just had a little girl so now my title is official. Here she is just 3 hours old.

My poor niece was in labour for almost thirty six hours. Baby was back to back and born ventouse. Mother and baby are doing very well though.
Do drop by the other Saturdays to see their delightful creations and come and play along with us this week.
I'm entering my card into challenges at:
Crafty Creations 175 "baby, baby"
Bunny Zoe's Crafts 25 "girls, girls, girls" 
Creatalicious 35 "anything goes"
Crafts and Me 89 "anything goes"; and
Stampalot "bingo" I used the top row lilac, ribbon and pink



13 comments:

Jane said...

Simply adorable Lesley....and I hope your niece is getting some well deserved rest after that long labour.
Hugs
Jane

Faye said...

Oh that gave me goosebumps! Glad Mum and baby are doing well. Gorgeous card. Love the pretty colours and superdooper papers. Mwah. xx
P.S. You've convinced me I should indeed cancel my dentist appointment.
P.S.2. Once I've found links to cloud tutorial will send them over, but there's one over at SOme Odd Girl right now and it's VERY good. xx

coops said...

so stunning lesley.really gorgeous image and colours and i love your details ;D
adorable pic of your new great neice too ;D

xx coops xx

Donna Mosley said...

A gorgeous card Lesley, love the adorable image and pretty pastel details. Aww! your new great niece is so gorgeous.

Donna x

debby4000 said...

Gorgeous, beautiful card Lesley and sweet baby photo.
Funny how we must of been in Spain at the same time but hundreds miles apart, I was in Costa Brava.
luv
Debby

Steph said...

So sweet- love that cute image and the colours you've used, also totally loving the bottle ribbon!! Congrats on your wee addition!! x

Julie said...

oh so cute, Lesley! Love the colours and baby embellies!! And isn't your new great niece a little sweetie!! Congrats to your and your family!! Hugs, Juliex

Jules said...

Hi Great Aunt Lesley!! Congratulations on your official title.

Bless .. 3 hours old! I wonder what she thinks to the world.

Loving the card you have made. Such a cute beautifully coloured image and I love the bottle shaped ribbon!

Hope you have a good week.

Love Jules xx

Unknown said...

Firstly what a totally adorable card honey

Secondly what an adorable pic... I am glad they are doing well xx

Unknown said...

What a gorgeous baby and how lovely is this card lesley, love that bottle ribbon its fab . well done Hugs Elaine

Unknown said...

This is so lovely Lesley! And a really gorgeous little baby grand-niece! Congrats!
Lizy xx

lalkygirl said...

ahhh lesley congrats on your new title ,she looks adorable bless her.
your card is so sweet i bet they will treasure it
happy crafting
tracey x

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

That is lovely, thanks for sharing!