Search This Blog

Translate

Tuesday 15 December 2009

Friday Sketchers


Oooh - I found a new challenge site today at Friday Sketchers where there is a great sketch to work with. Being ornery, I flipped the sketch, rotated it and then squooshed it for a landscape card (because that was the card stock I had) and managed to make not one but five Christmas cards.
Clearly I am someone who produces more under pressure!
I am also delighted that I managed to use some of those 40 jingle bells I cut out using my Cricut weeks ago and then couldn't work out what to do with.
 
The image is a wood mounted stamp by Papermania.  I painted the stamp with a variety of makes of embossing pens and the only things I actually coloured after stamping were the sleigh and the harness.  I am pleased with the way the tree looks like it is covered in snow - by default rather than design.  More than that, though, I was delighted that I have managed a further 5 cards and I now only have about 5 more cards to make before I'm finished.   Thank you Friday Sketchers for providing me with a great sketch to work with - I hope you don't mind that I meddled with the formatting - the basic elements are all still there!

2 comments:

Janiel/ janny said...

HI Lesley, I have been looking through your blog and you do beautiful work!! I LOVE YOUR CRAFT STUDIO!!! You are a very luck girl and so well organized..
I will be back to check on you again in the near future.
Big hugs and have a very merry holiday season. Janiel

Julie said...

Love the bells - glad you were able to use them! Great little Santa too - super colouring technique!! Think I've caught up now!! Juliexx