Search This Blog

Translate

Tuesday 22 August 2023

Celebrating a successful Hip Hoperation!

We recently returned from an absolutely fantastic holiday.  Fantastic apart from bringing CoVid home with me.  It was my third time and, as CoVid experiences go, it wasn't too bad but it's thrown my sleep patterns out and I know I won't be up early enough to post my card so I'm doing it now.  My teamies at  Everybody Art Challenge are still enjoying their summer break so I looked up some challenges to play along with and used this Penny Black stamp designed by Mo Manning for my card.  If you don't have the rubber version (which I used today), this cutie is also available digitally at Mo’s Digital Pencil store.  She is called Nurse and you can find her here! My card is for a beautiful friend to celebrate the success of her recent successful hip operation.   I found this fun "Hip Hip Hooray" stamp in my stash and I added a teeny tiny little cut out band-aid on the teddy's hip. 


Mo has a Facebook page where members can upload their Mo Manning creations HERE and the Dream Team Blog always has lots of inspiration from my talented teamies HERE.

Mo also has a "Patreon" Page HERE. 
There are three levels of Patron to choose from with a minimum of just $2.50 per month (plus tax where applicable) and each month Mo offers treats to her patrons.  

I am entering my card into the following challenges:

Cupcake Inspirations - #576 Turquoise Red & Yellow
Passion for Markers -#703 Let's Celebrate Hip Hip Hooray for a successful Hip Replacement

Penny Black Saturday August Anything Goes Optional one layer

Tic Tac Toe #222 I used the middle row of "checks, free, blue"
Time Out #245 Colourful.  Although I have used a relatively limited pallete, I think my card is pretty colourful especially with the added dots in the background.


   


Edited to add how delighted I am to have been chosen as a winner at Cupcake Inspirations and to be in the top picks at Passion for Promarkers!  Thank you so much 
 

 






8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aw I really love this! Such a fab image and your colouring and paper piecing is amazing! Love how you've added the colourful banners and the sentiment is perfect too! Thanks for joining in with my challenge this week at Passion for Markers. Hugs,, Karen x

Suzanne Reynolds said...

What an adorable image and love the plaids you have included in your card. Looking for some fun challenges, please check us out at Double Trouble for fun challenges with optional twists. This card is perfect to join us at Double Trouble "Scrapper's GORP"... hope to see you there. https://doubletroublechallenge.blogspot.com/2023/08/Challenge-145.html

Suzanne Reynolds said...

I saw your card as one of the winners at Promarker and wanted to compliment you on such an adorable card for your friend. I thought I had previous commented but it's not appearing on your blog and I wanted to let you know that the plaids you used and the piecing you did on your nurse image is fantastic. We have a challenge at Double Trouble which we have a special requirement of "Scrapper's GORP" an assortment of patterned papers. We would love you to take a look at our challenge and join us for this challenge or introduce you to a fun challenge with optional twists... hope to see you there. https://doubletroublechallenge.blogspot.com/2023/08/Challenge-145.html

Helen said...

Great card - such a cute image and a great layout.

Hope you're feeling better now.

Thanks for joining us at Cupcake Inspirations.

Helen x
DT

Leanne said...

Wonderful card, love the details and the image is so cute, great coloring too, and thank you for playing our color combo challenge at Cupcake Inspirations Challenge, have a great day!

Leanne DT Member/CIC
Cupcake Inspirations

Bobby said...

Wonderful job coloring the nurse, Lesley, and I love how you paired her with the patterned papers, including her shirt. Thanks for sharing your card with us at Time Out.

Nora Noll said...

This is so CUTE!!! I Love the fun image and the papers you used it. Great design. Thank you for playing with us this week at Cupcake Inspirations Challenge!!

Nora
DT Member
Cupcake Inspirations

Pay Someone To Take My Classes said...

I love looking a creations like this, amazing. thank you for sharing