Search This Blog

Translate

Tuesday 5 April 2022

Here's to not being cooped up on your birthday this year

Good morning!  With Easter just around the corner, my teamies at Everybody Art Challenge would like to see "chickens, ducks or bunnies" on your cards.  I saw Frenchie  make a little chicken coop card last year and used my own stash - woodgrain inkpad and embossing folder, punches and dies to make my own version.  It was harder to make than it looked!


The card is a top folding card with my greeting about "not being cooped up for your birthday this year" on the inside but the front panel is in two parts and I used these cute chickens from Stampin Up behind the door which opens to reveal them.  I had to play around with the stamped images a bit.  The recipient of this card keeps chickens and hers are all a Polish breed with great pompoms of feathers on their heads. 


These do look a lot like my friend's chickens in the photo below.  Sorry about the awful quality.  I had to take it through the chicken wire fencing.  The angle was terrible and they kept moving around but you get the idea I'm sure.


I am entering my card into the following challenges:

Allsorts #670 Any real animals
Krafty Chicks #605 Anything Goes

Polkadoodles #14 Anything Goes

Stamping Sensations - April "I love...an interesting shaped card"

Edited to showcase my proud top 3 picks

 

9 comments:

brenda said...

What a delightful Birthday creation, such a unique design, thanks so much for sharing and joining us at Stamping Sensations April challenge.

B x

Dena J said...

Fantastic coup for those beautiful hens! Wow, I love all the details in your doors and the wire. Amazing card and thank you so much for sharing it in our animal challenge at Allsorts.

Cynthia said...

Love your chicken coop shaped card! Fabulous coloring of the SU chicks.

Ink Outside The Box With Diane said...

Love this card! Worth all the trouble in the end and I’m sure your friend will appreciate it. Delighted to have you join us at Krafty Chicks Challenge this week.
Diane - DT

Ellibelle said...

A truly fabulous card! Love the way it opens up and how fun are those chickens! Perfect for our Animal theme at Allsorts challenge, thank you for sharing and also for joining in our "I Love..." theme at Stamping Sensations! I can totally see why you love an interesting shaped card!

Vee Cassidy said...

A lovely and fun creation. Thank you for sharing with us at Stamping Sensations. Vee xx

coldwaters2 said...

How brilliant this is I love it thank you for joining us at ALLSORTS
hugs
lolo x

aga-craft said...

Wow, genialna kartka :) brawo za pomysł :)

Crafting Queen said...

Love your shaped card annd those cute chickens. Thanks for joining Stamping Sensations. Anesha