This is the front of my card - a labour of love for my Mummy who will be 80 next month.
Copic Creations' current theme is for "reflections" and they have some great tutorials. I tried a (vast) number of design versions for this image, which is one of my favourite (and previously unused) digital images from Maureen Manning, before settling on this one . It's called "Puddle Jumper". It is decoupaged and coloured with Copics of course and, being a digital image, it worked very well for the challenge at Stamp Something which is "Digi Day".
Stamptacular wanted us to use two images in their "two is better than one" challenge. They didn't specify that the images had to be different although, having looked at the tutorials on Copic Creations about reflections, I did distort this second print by squooshing the image flatter. You can't see very well from the photo but there is a layer of acetate over this second super cute sprite and fabulous frog to represent a pond surface. I made the water lilly myself following the lead of the Lotus Flower demonstration on Sarita's blog - Princess Cards.
here. I scanned the underside of the flower and printed it onto my "reflected image" to add authenticity. You can just see the "reflection" in the corner of my "pond". I used a similar flower-making technique to make my chrysanthemums on the front of the card. These have pearl centres. More flowers from stash on the front and the base, a couple of K&Co fabric brads (which I wish I hadn't added but I had put them on before all the flowers and had already glued the layers together before I realised it might have looked better without them), a threaded ribbon and a little bow all add to the bling factor. Papers are all DCWV. The sentiment is one of Julie's (I fibbed last post - this was the sentiment I stamped from Julie - the one in the last post is one of my own! Just goes to show that I probably have too much stuff if I can't even tell what's mine!) Finally, although it will not be seen when the card is open, I added a pair of Cricut-cut "80"s and the words "Birthday Blessing". This is raised on a little covered matchbox. I needed to add the box so that my waterlilly wouldn't get flattened when the card is closed and the card has a spine at the back to accommodate the match box.
Back to School
49 minutes ago