Search This Blog

Translate

Monday 25 July 2022

Happy Birthday Mo Manning

I do love a good pun or play on words and when I heard this joke last year I knew I wanted to merge Cowardly Lion and How to be a Wizard from Mo’s Digital Pencil for this birthday card which I made for Mo herself!  I asked Mo's permission (admittedly after the fact, given that the card was for her) to merge the images and she agreed even though I actually had to erase the wizard from his bed in order to put the lion under the covers!


I coloured this merged image with Copics, typed the sentiments and filled the background with some stamped stars from Stampin' Up.  If there are any budding Wizards in your life, Mo has girl and boy versions of wizards reading in their beds with straight and curly hair and no lions in sight.  You can find Mo's original wizards here in the shop

There is a Facebook page where members can upload their Mo Manning creations HEREAnd Mo's Dream Team Blog, with lots of inspiration from my teamies, is HERE.

Mo also has a "Patreon" Page HERE. 
There are three levels of Patron to choose from with a minimum of just $2.50 per month (plus tax where applicable) and each month Mo offers treats to her patrons.  

Just as a reminder of the challenges where I am on the Design Team... our theme at  Stamping Sensations is "Summer Blooms", and we want to see your "Sunny Greetings" at Everybody Art Challenge .  You still have plenty of time to enter both.

I am entering my card into the following challenges:

Aud Sentiments #295 Anything Goes
CD Sunday Plus - #90 Anything Digital Goes
Krafty Chicks #621 CAS (I'm hoping to get away with this as CAS.  It's CAS for me!)
Passion for Markers -#650 Something beginning with B (for Birthday in my case) 

Polkadoodles #30 Anything Goes

Time Out #218 "Reading is the key that opens doors to many good things in life.  Reading shaped my dreams, and more reading helped me make my dreams come true." -- Ruth Bader Ginsburg There are books on the bed so I hope this counts!


Edited to showcase happy accolades from the Lovelies at Passion for Markers and CD Sunday Plus











6 comments:

Rainey's Craft Room said...

What a fabulous card and I love the sentiment, I actually laughed out loud and hubby thought I was nuts!
Thank you for sharing it with us at Passion for Markers this week.
Lorraine

Jocelyn said...

This is fabulous and so funny. Thank you for sharing with us.
Jocelyn x
CD Sunday Plus DT

ionabunny said...

That is so bad!!!!! I love it. Unbelievably punny. Thanks for the deep and abiding belly laugh. Hugz

KarinsArtScrap said...

Hi Lesley thank you for the comment on my card.

You card is cute and beautiful

gr karin

Pamela said...

You did well to merge the two images and I love the witty sentiment!
Pamela
CD Sunday Plus DT.

Seafield Jo said...

Beautiful colouring and what a great sentiment - made me smile.
Jo
CD Sunday Plus DT