Search This Blog

Translate

Wednesday 30 January 2013

Photofunia inspired Valentine

The Hubster has recently interested me in an App called Photofunia.   Basically you can pick a picture from a large selection and drop one of your own photographs into it to make a fun image.  They have some amazing pictures and it is fun to play with if you want to give it a go.  I created this image using the App by dropping my photo in the Wanted Poster...

I came across a challenge I hadn't seen before at There She Goes which is for "Woodgrain" and inspired by the Photofunia image and using my PTI  woodgrain stamp I decided to make a card for The Hubster for Valentine's Day.   "Wanted Dead or Alive" hardly seemed very loving so I changed the poster up a bit with Photoshop, cut it out, distressed it and stuck it onto my own wooden clad wall using the PTI stamp.  I found some wild west style images in my stash, used some My Minds Eye paper with a cowboy on it and some DCWV paper with a map of Wyoming (including Fort Laramie) and Cheyenne Country and I finished it up with some lettered brads, a horseshoe charm and a Tim Holtz claspy thingy holding another charm.  It's a shame my photo looks so washed out again.  I just can't get my photography right these days!!!
I am entering my card into the following challenges:
There She Goes "Woodgrain"
Loves Rubber Stamps (which I didn't actually use!!!) "Have a Heart"
Make My Monday - "One for the Boys"
Creative Inspirations - "One for the Guys"
Aud Sentiments "Adult Valentine's Sentiment" and
Simon Says Stamp (which I didn't actually use) "Anything Goes"


25 comments:

Faye said...

This is brilliant and that's all there is to it! xx

Mynn xx said...

What a super fabulous piece of artwork!!! LOVE the cowboy theme and your wanted poster is amazing! Thanks for joining us at MMM! :)

Dawn B. said...

This is awesome. However, I do believe you are worth way more than 5000. Great job.

heidy said...

This is fabolous Lesley!!
XXX Heidy

debby4000 said...

Oh this is brilliant Lesley and fabulous too.
luv
Debby

Tracy said...

This is fun and different Lesley and I'm sure glad you decided to join in our fun at TSG. You project is perfect for the challenge. Hugs!

Turtle In The Sand said...

This looks like fun. The Hubster is sure to be wowed by your ingenuity.

Annie said...

what fun cards for Valentines!
hugs, annie x

coops said...

so brilliant lesley.really stunning and fun design :D

xx coops xx

Crafteezee said...

Your at it again, lol. Such fun, love the poster and what a fab card.
Hugs Tracy x

Jules said...

Hi Lesley

Love your "wanted" poster .. . gorgeous colours and love your valentine make too.

I am sure hubby will be well impressed.

You sound a real whizz with your computer!!

Love Jules xx

Julie said...

Awesome - and so full of your creativity!! Hugs, Juliexx

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

This is so cute! I love your heart shaped hardware and the great design. Thanks for playing with us over at Loves Rubberstamps!!!

Jacqueline said...

Brilliant - love this so much. Thanks for joining in this week at MMM - Jacqueline xx

Mags said...

All I have to say is...I probably shouldn' t even try, but being a good sport, I will, this is beyond Brilliant! You are the Woman! OMG, you go girl!

Marcy said...

Very cute Valentine Project! I love the Wanted for Love poster and all the great details. Thanks so much for joining our challenge over at Loves Rubberstamps! :)

Cazro said...

A wonderful and clever creation. Thanks for sharing with us at MMM. Caz

Crafty Math Chick said...

Terrific woodgrain! Thanks so much for playing along with TSG! Hope you will join us for another new challenge tomorrow!

cheiron said...

Great image and fun page...looks fantastic. Thank you for playing along with the Anything Goes Challenge over on the Simon Says Stamp Challenge Blog this week!

Sarah said...

Fab creation, love your theme and layout, thanks for joining us at Creative Inspirations, hugs, Sarah x

Mrs A. said...

That looked fun to do. Is that Tom Jones or just his look alike!!!!
Nearly there. Hugs Mrs A.

Leslie said...

Thanks so much for playing with us in the Aud Sentiments Adult Valentine Challenge with this awesome entry!
Hugs,
Leslie, DT
http://leslieturner58.blogspot.com

Kym's Crafty Cards said...

What fantastic posters you have made. Thank you for taking part in the Aud Sentiments Challenge this fortnight and I wish you the best of luck in the draw. Best wishes, Kym (Aud Sentiments Design Team Member) xxx

anita01 said...

Och geweldig leuk, ga ook eens kijken daar hi,hi, en zo worden we nog RIJK whahahha..

Mooi gedaan hoor Lesley en een super leuk idee.

Warme groetjes,
Anita xxx

Janiel/ janny said...

These are really cool my friend!! I wish I had time to sit and play with something like this but time is not on m side these days when it comes to the computer. LOL......
hugs.....