Search This Blog

Translate

Tuesday 27 September 2011

Simon Says Colour Create using My Mum's Creative Inspiration and a Kaboodle

I've been on a bit of a craft fest this past week - it's one of my busiest times of the year for making cards for family and friends and if I don't get them done now, I know I will be pressed when it comes to making Christmas cards.  I can't show most of what I have made yet because I don't want the recipients to see them but here is one I made for the following challenges
Simon Says - "use dies/punches with optional texture" 
Colour Create - "lime, aqua and white"
My Mum's Craft Shop - "boys and girls"
Creative Inspirations - "let's celebrate", and
Kaboodle Doodle - "pretty doily".
I've used this previously uninked little cutie from LOTV called "The Little Things", coloured with Copics and Promarkers for an anniversary card.
I used a Nestie square and scalloped square to frame my image and added a Magnolia doily die cut for some extra interest.  Was I supposed to have done something extra to the die cut?  I did ink around the edges (not that my inking is very visible) but it looks a bit flat to me.  My papers are mostly First Edition "Up, up and away".  The stripe is from my scraps drawer as is the mulberry paper which has been embossed with a Cuttlebug folder.    A further Nestie frames the "Together" sentiment and I've added a little textured ribbon and some pearls.

My best bit is the little boy's hair.  I am amazed it came out so well and I'm convinced I shan't be able to replicate it again.  I have such trouble with hair colouring!

8 comments:

Heather said...

Hi Lesley, your card is stunning!!
Your deign is gorgeous with the wonderful with your die work, fabulous work and such a sweet time.

Thanks so much for joining us with our Simon Says Stamp challenge
hugs
Heather xx

Melissa Bove said...

Adorable card!! I love the color combo! Thank you very much for joining us this week at the Simon Says Stamp Challenge Blog!

Hugs...
Melissa

Joey said...

Lovely card Lesley, gorgeous colour combo. Joey x

Shelby said...

Love the aquas and the greens together...looks marvelous! Your coloring is wonderful and I love the embossed panel. Great card. Thanks for joining us at MMCS boys and girls challenge.

Shelby

Anonymous said...

What a sweet image, love this card!
Hugs Julie P

Julie said...

Fab card Lesley!! Your colouring is gorgeous as is the colour palette! Love all your design features too! Hugs, Juliexx

Faye said...

Who said blue and green should never be seen? This is cute, fabby colouring AND I love the doily thingy! ;)
xxx

Miss Sue said...

Love the color combination. Thanks for playing along at Kaboodle Doodles.