Search This Blog

Translate

Tuesday 25 July 2023

In the jungle, the mighty jungle, the lion sleeps tonight

My teamies at Everybody Art are on vacation now for the summer so today I have carte blanche to play with my images from the wonderful Mo’s Digital Pencil.  I enjoy making cards for my friends and family and I do try to make them all unique but every now and then I hit on a design that I like so much I want to make more than one card using it.  This is one such design.  I posted the original of this back in July last year - a card I made for the wonderful Mo Manning herself.  You can see it here.  My soft yellow Copics are wearing a bit thin and I've gone much darker and more textured for this version of the same card.  I'm going to need refills.  I like my lighter lion better.   


I do love a good pun and when I heard this joke I knew I wanted to merge Cowardly Lion and How to be a Wizard. I asked Mo's permission to merge the images and she agreed even though I actually had to erase the wizard from his bed in order to put the lion under the covers!

There is a Facebook page where members can upload their Mo Manning creations and we look forward to seeing you there. It's easy to become a member.  Just click HERE And check out the Dream Team Blog where there is lots of inspiration from my teamies HERE.

Mo also has a "Patreon" Page HERE. 
There are three levels of Patron to choose from with a minimum of just $2.50 per month (plus tax where applicable) and each month Mo offers treats to her patrons.  

I am entering my card into the following challenges:
CD Sunday Plus - #115 Anything Goes
Polkadoodles #29 Anything Goes

Simon Says Stamp (Wed) - 4 legged friends

Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers #239 L is for Lindsey Martin-Penny who tragically lost her battle with cancer a year ago.  Lindsey's card often showcased cute fun animals so for my card today, in honour of Lindsey, L is also for Lion and Laughter but also for Loss.

Tic Tac Toe #218 middle row Any colour/Free/Sentiment

        

Edited to add prized badges from the lovelies at the Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers
and also CD Sunday Plus 
  


 

 







9 comments:

Chris Dring said...

Love your coloring on that lion image, and of course that snarky sentiment! I'm sure Lindsey would highly approve! Thanks for joining us at the Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers.

Pamela said...

A really fun card and I just love that fun sentiment!
Pamela
CD Sunday Plus DT.

Donna said...

He he he he I adore that punny sentiment - and it is soooooo true!!!
A lion is not only an L word, but a cat, so Lindsey would double approve :)
Thanks for celebrating Sister Lindsey with Edna and the Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers!

Dotty Jo said...

Thanks for joining the sisters - love your card, Jo x

JulieP said...

There is so much truth in your fun sentiment!!!! (And now the song is going nonstop in my head. LOL!) Lindsey would have loved this. Thanks so much for playing with the Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers!

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

Love that fabulous lion image and such a fun sentiment too! Thanks for sharing with us over at TicTacToe this week!

Carol said...

A fabulous and witty card. Thank you for sharing with us.
Carol xx
CD Sunday Plus DT

Jocelyn said...

Brilliant! Very funny and a lovely card to go with it. Thank you for sharing with us.
Jocelyn x
CD Sunday Plus DT

Margarets designer cards said...

Lovely colouring, gorgeous lion image
Thank you for joining us
Margaret
CD Sunday plus DT