Search This Blog

Translate

Tuesday 2 July 2024

Hope your Birthday is Flamazing!

We have a new theme for "Stamps" at Everybody Art Challenge.  I saw that SSS has a challenge featuring products by My Favorite Things and so I decided to use this cute flamingo from the MFT's Let's Flamingle stamp and die set for my summery card.       We, at the Design Team at EAC, would love it if you would grab some of your own stamps and join in our challenge.  


In addition to the MFT Flamingo and sentiment (which is heat embossed), I added a stamped and heat embossed white feather from Papertrey Ink and then offset stamped over the top in a grey ink to give it a shadow. A little pink inking over the top finished it off. 
 

Then I decided to skip the die and instead to stamp the flamingo first, mask it, and over stamp with an embossed feather, then overstamp again in a salmon colour for the shadow.   


This gives a very flat card but one which looks like it has dimension.  I'm not sure which card I like the best.

I am entering my card into the following challenges:

CAS on Friday #286 Nature
Cupcake Inspirations - #597 Anything Goes
Four Seasons July (influenced by the flamingo pool floats in their cute inspiration photo)
Krafty Chicks #722 All Occasions
Simon Says Stamp (Wed) - Anything Goes





1 comment:

Nora Noll said...

This is so beautiful. I LOVE the addition of the flower behind that flamingo. Gorgeous design. Thank you for playing with us this week at Cupcake Inspirations Challenge!!

Nora
DT Member
Cupcake Inspirations