Search This Blog

Translate

Wednesday 21 February 2024

Arms full of Birthday Hugs!

It's been a very long time since I made a card just for the fun of it and I thought I would have a play with the lovelies at the Time-Out team who are celebrating their 10th birthday and have some great prizes from their sponsors - Happy Birthday Time-Out!  I learned recently that an octopus can change its colour and its skin texture to blend in with it's background so I broke out my fabulous Octopus stencil from Sweet Poppy and teamed it with some stencilling paste and bright oxide ink colours having been inspired by the terrific mood board at Just Us Girls.  I added a My Favourite Things HUGS diecut and an inked seahorse from Aall & Create#137 and came up with this.


I am entering my card into the following challenges:

Just Us Girls #714 Mood Board - I loved the colours and the ocean theme
We Love to Create Mixed Media #1 Anything Mixed Media Goes

Stencil Fun Challenge -February - Optional Hearts  

Sweet Stampin - Always look on the Bright Side of Life (dumdedum dedum dedum dedum)
Time Out #257 Happy Birthday!

         

Edited to add an excited Top 5 pick from the fab team at Sweet Stampin'.  Thank you so much!





4 comments:

Deepti Aggarwal said...

Wow!! Simply Gorgeous. I love the bright colors and the way you have done stencilling with paste. So beautiful. Thank you so much for joining us at Time Out. Hugsxx Deepti

Chris said...

A fantastic creation in wonderful vibrant colours, it's a perfect entry for our challenge at Sweet Stampin' thanks so much for joining us.
Chris
x

Stephanie Lanzalotto said...

LOVE this card, Lesley. Octopi are truly indredible creatures. I can't help but recommend a book here - Remarkably Bright Creatures by Shelby Van Pelt. It is a fabulous story, and you will learn all about this amazing animal. I love all the bright colors you used, and the addition of that seahorse is a perfect touch. Thanks so much for joining in our birthday celebration at Time Out!

Diane said...

Beautifully creative, what fabulous colors too!
Thank you for joining our challenge at Stencil Fun!
Diane SF Co-Owner
{Nellies Nest}
{Stencil Fun}