Search This Blog

Translate

Tuesday 17 October 2023

It's Pumpkin Month!

We have a new theme for "Pumpkin" at Everybody Art Challenge and we would love to see your creations. Do check out the wonderful inspiration from my teamies and share some love with the Design Team by leaving comments on their blogs.

I made one of these pumpkins at an evening class in Farnham, Surrey, England with a lovely, friendly and uber talented lady called Anna - the proprietor of a company delightfully (and aptly) called Quirk & Whimsy - where I tried my hand for the very first time at felting.  That was 4 years ago and although I wrote a post for my lone pumpkin, I never actually published it.


Since then I have made more.  Like I needed a new hobby, right?!?!  
They are only small  (I can hold all three of them in my open hand) and I thought it was time to showcase them.

I also grabbed some Alcohol Markers and this fabulous "Jack O'Lantern" image from the wonderful Mo Manning of Mo’s Digital Pencil which is available in her shop here.  I framed this cutie in a bold orange card stock, coloured and punched some leaves and added a die cut broom and railings, a piece of twine and a little Stampin Up "Boo" sentiment.  I don't usually make Halloween cards but this little guy inspired me


There is a Facebook page where members can upload their Mo Manning creations and we look forward to seeing you there. It's easy to become a member.  Just click HERE And check out Mo's other sites where there is lots of inspiration from my teamies.
* Dream Team Blog HERE for inspiration
* Mo's "Patreon" Page HERE. 
There are three levels of Patron to choose from with a minimum of just $2.50 per month!  

I am entering my card into the following challenges:

Aud Sentiments #306 Ink Blending (the black background is a combination of alcohol markers and Memento ink blended around the outside) or a Fall or Thanksgiving Sentiment (for which I have used "Boo" 
CD Sunday Plus - #121 Anything Digital Goes
Creative Inspirations Autumn or Halloween
Cupcake Inspirations - #580 - Halloween fun
Four Seasons - October Fall
Passion for Markers #711 - Green Blue Purple (which goes so well with orange!)
Polkadoodles #41 Anything Goes

Tic Tac Toe #230, I used the mid row Autumn colours, die cut & frame (but also the first row which additionally included leaves and twine)


Edited to add my joy in discovering this card was in the team picks at Tic Tac Toe!  Thank you!





11 comments:

The Crafty Den said...

What a gorgeous card Lesley. The image is adorable and your colouring is fantastic. Thanks for sharing with us at Passion for Markers. Hugs, Denise x
p.s. your needlefelted pumpkins are amazing.

Darlene said...

WOW this is awesome! Your coloring is amazing and love your overall design! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Four Seasons Challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back again soon.

Darlene
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
Co-Owner … Can You Handle the Pressure, Double D, Four Seasons, Peace On Earth, Stencil Fun, Simply Clean & Simple, Two Old Bats, Triple B

Betty said...

cute card, Lesley - wonderful colors - so pleased you entered our challenge this week at TicTacToe!

Seafield Jo said...

Such a faun card and I love all the embellishments you've added - perfect!

Love your handcrafted pumpkins too, they're amazing!

Thanks for joining our challenge.

Jo x
CD Sunday Plus DT

Carol said...

I love this card and will have to investigate further to add to my Halloween file.
Also surprised to see my home town mentioned - Farnham. So Hi from Farnham.#
Carol xx
CD Sunday Plus DT

Pamela said...

That image is hilarious! And I love your fence and broom.
The felted pumpkins are so cute LOL!
Pamela
CD Sunday Plus DT.

Paper Scissors Glitter said...

Love your fun pumpkin card and your felt pumpkins are great too. You are very talented. Thanks for joining us at Creative Inspirations Jayne DT

Jocelyn said...

That is such a great card. I like all the embellishments that set off the main image perfectly. Great colouring too.
I really like your little felted pumpkins.
Thank you for sharing with us.
Jocelyn x
CD Sunday Plus DT

Helen said...

Great card and I love your felted pumpkins too!

Thanks for joining us at the Cupcake Inspirations Challenge.

Helen x
DT

Sasha said...

I love that image! It's perfect for some Halloween fun. Thank you for playing along with us at Cupcake Inspirations. Have a great weekend!

Sasha DT Member/CIC

Nora Noll said...

This is so FUN!! I LOVE that little image. The broom and leaves are fabulous. Thank you for taking the time to play with us this round at Cupcake Inspirations Challenge.

Nora
DT Member
Cupcake Inspirations Challenge