Search This Blog

Translate

Tuesday 28 December 2021

Mo's Sheep

I'm late with my card today.  Sorry about that.   The Hubster and I spent the last few weeks enjoying some wonderful Florida sunshine and we just got back yesterday.   This was the Christmas card I made for Tom who tells me he doesn't really "do" Christmas.  I took a few liberties with this image from Mo Manning which is called "Sheep" and is available here The original sheep have flowers in their mouths and grass and flowers on the hills but because I wanted to make a winter scene, when flowers and grass are scarce, I erased them.   Instead I added little santa hats to all but the main sheep. I printed my image teeny tiny to fit inside my little Papertrey Ink frame  which made them quite tricky to colour!!!  Even more tricky was the largest sheep because I printed him much larger directly onto shrink plastic and then coloured him before shrinking him to fit the background image.  Apparently Copic markers and shrink plastic don't work too well together because the alcohol ink of the marker makes the printed image bleed but I was nevertheless happy with the results because the dimension of the shrink plastic adds some extra interest.

My snow flakes are Tim Holtz Sizzix I think and the sentiment has been word processed.  I also added some inky splats to my snowy embossed card blank too.



Sadly Mo's Digital Pencil Challenge has now closed but we do still have a Facebook page where members can upload their Mo Manning creations and we look forward to seeing you there. It's easy to become a member.  Just click HERE  Don't forget you must use a bona fide Mo Manning digital or rubber image for any cards posted there.  And check out Mo's other sites where there is lots of inspiration from my teamies.
* Dream Team Blog HERE for inspiration
* Mo's "Patreon" Page HERE. 
There are three levels of Patron to choose from with a minimum of just $2.50 per month!  

I am entering my card into the following challenges:

Crafter's Cafe - #280 Favourites (Mo Manning images are my favourites!)
Crafty Creations # 428 Anything Goes - I'm so sad that this challenge is closing down 
Creative Inspirations - Christmas Time
Krafty Chicks #591 All Occasions
Passion for Markers -#621 Anything Goes

Stamping Sensations - December choose a theme and stamp it

Sweet Stampin - Anything Christmas 
Watercooler Wednesday - #331 Marsha's Anything Goes
We Love to Create #1 - Anything Mixed Media  

3 comments:

Julie said...

Such a great design, Lesley! Glad you had a good break in Florida! Thanks again for joining in our Mega Christmas challenge at Passion for Markers, good luck! Juliexx

Marlene Atkinson said...

A very cute card. Thank you for sharing with us at Passion for Markers. Marlene

The Crafty Den said...

What a fun card Lesley and I'm sure it was well received. The images are so cute and your colouring is perfect. Gosh I haven't used shrink plastic for years, thanks for the reminder! Thank you for joining our Mega Christmas challenge 'anything goes' over at Passion for Markers. Hugs, Denise x
Happy New Year x x