Search This Blog

Translate

Tuesday 7 July 2015

Hot Days of Summer!

I spotted a challenge at  Mo's Clubhouse blog for "Hot Days of Summer" and I really wanted to play along.    My image is Jeffy in July and he is absolutely perfect for the card I needed to make.

I hand coloured Jeffy with Copics and Promarkers having dropped him into one of my own photographs of Siesta Key beach on the Gulf Coast of Florida.  I take pictures of cloudy skies whenever I have an opportunity and in fact I merged the sky (which was taken on a bridge in Florida) with my beach scene before adding Jeffy.   My papers are "Uncharted Waters" by Glitz, the sentiment is a Lily of the Valley stamp, the sun is a Papertrey Ink die and the flip flops are Dress it Up buttons. I used a Die-namics "6" too as the very special recipient of my card is about to have his 6th birthday.
In addition to entering at Mo's Clubhouse, I am also entering my card into the following challenges:
Make my Monday - The Sea
The Ribbon Girl - Anything goes (with optional stars and stripes); and 
Creative Inspirations - Anything goes (with optional sketch)

Now I have to dash off and find a Christmas card and I'll be back tomorrow!!!

7 comments:

Joan said...

Fabulous!! Cute image and great use of your own photo! Thanks for joining us at Make My Monday!

Jacee said...

Fabulous summery, colourful card. I love it!
hugs Jacee
Simply Paper Card Design

NGCARDS said...

Such a lovely creation! Thanks for joining us at Creative Inspirations this week! xxx

Tracy said...

This is so cute Lesley. Those sweet little flip flops and the layered sun are great embellies. The merged photo looks amazing. A wonderful card all around. Thanks so much for joining our contest at Mo's Clubhouse!

debby4000 said...

How clever of you to merge your image with the photo, its brilliant as is the whole of the card.
luv
Debby

Mrs A. said...

You lost me on all the dropping and merging (!!)but what a fantastic card you have made . Hugs Mrs A.

Julie said...

Brilliant, I can feel the heat emanating from the that big yellow thing in the sky - what is it ? Can only dream of hot, summer days, matey!! Julixx