Translate

Wednesday, 14 January 2015

Bethlehem Inn - No Vacancies - Christmas at Sweet Stampin' January Challenge

It's the second Wednesday of the month and time for our new challenge at
Christmas at Sweet Stampin'
where our January theme is
Nativity
and we are delighted to be sponsored by
Funky Kits
Sadly, my bose (that's "nose" to all you people out there who don't have a horrible cold) is still completely yukky and all that gloop has dropped down to the top of my chest where it is whistling and bubbling and making breathing even more difficult.  I have some antibiotics now so hopefully I will soon be on the mend.  In the meantime though I have had to make a card for our Nativity theme at Christmas at Sweet Stampin' and I'm afraid I don't like it at all!

I picked this cute stamp from Stamposaurus called Bethlehem by Andrea Neville as my main feature and I really liked the idea of teaming it up with this great Waltzing Mouse Seasonal Remedies  sentiment stamp.  When it came to making the finished card, I thought it needed an actual nativity scene (outside of Bethlehem because of course Joseph and Mary were unable to stay at the town Inn) so I put this Die-sire Nativity die cut on a stepped panel at the front of my card.  I don't much like the mix of modern and traditional but I have been feeling too poorly to have another go so it is what it is.
My fellow teamies have done very much better and there is a splendid selection of cards to see over at Christmas at Sweet Stampin'.   We'd love you to join in with us too!

5 comments:

Joey said...

Feel better soon, this is a fantastic make! Jo x

Abi said...

Aww Lesley, you are too hard on yourself! I couldn't make anything half that lovely with a cold. Healing hugs my friend xx

Gail said...

I hope you feel better soon!! I love this card. I love how it is from old to new. I love the stamps you used and I think you're too hard on yourself. Feel better soon, and this card is great. Hugs, Gail

Wedgie said...

I think you did a fab job with this theme Lesley. Hope you're feeling much better soon, Wedgie xxx

Julie said...

Love the mix of old and new - perfect coupling!! Hugs, Juliexx