Translate

Saturday, 27 October 2012

Sketch Saturday #231 - Same image; different make


It's Saturday which means another fab sketch from
This week we are fortunate enough to be sponsored by 
Okay, so the whole time I was sick I was on vacation in Florida!   We found sugar ants in our kitchen cupboards on arrival.  These ants are teeny tiny.  If you can imagine taking a comma off this page and rolling it under your finger to make it more straight - that's abut the size of these ants.  We put some ant killer down and thought we'd got them all.
A couple of days after our arrival we were both looking forward to sampling one of our mixed selection of Entenmann's donuts. Unfortunately, even though the box was sealed, I could see the ants inside.  We opened the box, the Hubster put his glasses on, and sure enough we reckoned there were maybe 40 teeny tiny ants roaming around in there.  "I guess we have to throw them away" said The Hubster.  Then we both looked at each other.  I could see we were both  doing the same math in our heads: 12 donuts, 40 ants - why that's less than 4 ants per donut! I picked one up, two ants walked off up my hand (so only 1 left on the donut) gave it a little shake and ...  yum, yum, yum!  What's a few sugar ants between friends! 


My husband's first wife is to be married again and we are delighted for her and her fiancé.  I chose this gorgeous Mo Manning image of a more mature Wedding Couple and used the colours the Bride has chosen for her special day.  My background papers are K&Co from the Julieanne range and I've added two large Wild Orchid ribbon roses combined with some flowers from my stash and a Marianne die leaf flourish.   
There is a wired heart charm tied with some burgundy ribbon at the base of the flowers and I've added more ribbon and lace.  My "Bloom and Grow" sentiment  is Papertrey Ink on a Stampin Up stamp and punch cut out.  I'm not sure about the maker of the "Congratulations" sentiment.
I decorated my first candle using the same image, a recollections metal embellishment and some ribbon and lace.  I should have photographed it before I put the cellophane round it as the photo isn't terribly good and the colour of the groom's jacket has been washed out to grey.



And it's all going in this BAG that I posted on my blog a few weeks ago.  I used the same papers, ribbons and Copic colours for all three makes and it's my photography and the different lighting that is making them all look a bit different.
I thought I would also show you a photo of the wonderful wedding favours made for the occasion.  I DIDN'T MAKE THESE WEDDING FAVOURS!  Daughter Emma from Crete made them but I made my card, candle and bag to coordinate, even using one of the heart charms.

I am entering my card and candle into the following challenges
Stamptacular 186 No rules
Stampin for the Weekend 20 Anything Goes
Wild Orchid 61 Silver and/or Gold (I used the silver heart charm on my card

Please share some love with my teamies at Sketch Saturday and come and play along with us!

19 comments:

debby4000 said...

Oh this all look stunning together.
Sorry you were unwell on holiday, what a shame but hope you were well enough to do a bit of craft shopping.
luv
Debby

Faye said...

Daughter Emma has your talent. Bride To Be has good taste as these were my colours. Your card is wonderful and the image is a perfect choice. The car die is a brilliant touch too. Hope the 'laundry' is not too troublesome! ;) right, off back to FayeWorld. X

heidy said...

This is gorgeous Lesley,love that candle!!
Hope your feel much better now!!
XXX Heidy

Céline said...

absolutly fantastic project Lesley... really romantic! i love!
will try the sketch (hope lol !)
hugs
céline
and thanks for playing with us at stamptacular sunday this week

McCrafty's Cards said...

Wow Lesley, Beautiful card, candle and matching gift bag, I like the image and the colours.
Kevin xx

Joey said...

Beautiful card Lesley, love the design and great image. LOL Glad you enjoyed the donut! Joey x

Wishcraft said...

Fabulous card Lesley! Love this image and all your fabby details. Your matching bag and candle are gorgeous too :o) Hugs, Lisa x

Inger said...

Wowww what a stunning project Lesley!!!
So beautiful and chic!!

♥ Hugs, Inger

Dawn B. said...

This is so beautiful. She will love it. I am so sorry to hear you were not well. I LOVED the ant story. Made me laugh. I grew up on a farm and we never worried about dirt of bugs. Great job on your gift.

Stephanie said...

beautiful card...perfect as a wedding card. I love the soft colors and the flower trim. Thank you for playing at Stamptacular Sunday♥

julieprice3 said...

Just beautiful, love the flowers, the candle is a lovely keepsake
Hugs Julie P

Stampalicious said...

gorgeous, love the image and the flowers, thank you for joining our challenge at Stamptacular Sunday this week, hugs, martina

Tracy said...

What a beautiful thoughtful gift set Lesley. Each piece is a treasure. Another amazing sketch too. Guess the ants are another kind of ten second rule. LOL Hugs!

Julie said...

Beautiful work, Lesley, love this Mo image and your candle is stunning!! Eugghhh re the ants though, how brave are you!! Check your Facebook for messages, as we're not on our phones!! All ok though, just a bit hacked off with old Sandy!! Speak soon!! Juliexx

Mina said...

Im with you all the way with the donuts Lesley...no ant would put me off too lol...wow your makes for their wedding are amazing and perfect for them, what a great idea to match with the beautifully made favours (well done to your Daughter tell her from me she did an amazing job)
Mina xxx

Shelby said...

Too funny about the ants!
What a gorgeous gift set and love how everything coordinates so beautifully.

Shelby

*Vicki* said...

WOW Lesley, this ensemble is just amazing my friend!! Gorgeous card with so many elegant details and I love the matching colors too!! That candle is so amazing!! I love this! HUGS :)

Mrs A. said...

That is a really beautiful card. hugs Mrs A.

Linda said...

What a pretty wedding set. They will look fabulous in the bag you made. You know in some places chocolate covered ants are considered a delicacy.