Translate

Sunday, 3 July 2011

STAMPTACULAR #118 Seeing Double with Wild Orchid, Magnolia-licious & Simply Magnolia

It's been another busy work week for me.  Like London busses - nothing comes along for ages and ages and then three come at once.  I am soooooo busy work-wise and I'm really sorry that I have been such a bad blogger.  I am especially sorry that I have been neglecting my visits to my blog buddies! There have been cards I wanted to make, even cards I needed to make but the only one I managed to make is the one for today's challenge at where we want to be "Seeing Double".  For this week's challenge you will create a card or project that has TWO of the SAME thing on it! SAME embellishment, SAME shape, SAME image, etc… Oh…and don’t forget to stamp! After all, we don’t call this STAMPtacular for nothing!
I decided to use this fabulous Magnolia Twins stamp which I won from the mega talented Maddy at Madimaginations.  Thank you again Maddy!  I have been saving this stamp for this week's Stamptacular challenge.
I am entering my card into three challenges this week:
Simply Magnolia - where there is an "anything goes" theme
Magnolialicious - with a lovely photo-inspiration - I used the duck-egg blue and pinks on my card, and
Wild Orchid - who want to see "shabby chic friendship"
I'm not quite sure what "shabby chic" is.   In terms of decor, I thing the photo inspiration at Magnolialicious is probably shabby chic so I hope I have got it right.
I used K&Co papers with a vintagey, cottagey feel and tattered the edges.  My Magnolia twins are coloured in a Copic/Promarker combo. I was pleased with how their dresses turned out.  For our Stamptacular "seeing double" challenge this week I used 2 pink Prima flowers, 2 swirls (cut with my Cricut), 2 heartshaped buttons (probably by Dress it Up), 2 large photo corners (using a Marianne die) and 2 gorgeous Wild Orchid roses which I got as part of a present from the special friend who is to be the recipient of this card.
Please do come and play along with us this week where one lucky winner will win a $20 gift certificate from Simon Says Stamp.  There is lots of lovely inspiration for you on our challenge site!

11 comments:

Faye said...

Lesley this is very pretty with lovely, soft feminine colours. Gorgeous. Have a fabby Sunday. xxx

anja said...

Hi lesley,

I love this card verry much.And the papers are great.
Thanks for joining us at Simply Magnolia.

Hugs Anja

Ageeth Holster said...

What a sweet card, lovely colour combi.
Hugs Ageeth xx

CraftyC said...

Hello Lesley, well you've certainly come back with a gorgeous card. The colours are so pretty and I love all the embellishments
Clairexx

Rica said...

Hi Lesley, sorry I haven't been around much - same reason as you really, amongst others!!!
Your card is gorgeous, I love the colour combo and your twins are gorgeous and so beautifully coloured!
hugs
Heather xx

Jules said...

Hi Lesley

Pleased to hear you are keeping busy .. ... not too busy I hope .. .. we don't want you on burn out!!!!

Another beautiful card from you. Gorgeous colouring of your images and lots of lovely layers and patteerns to see.

Take care

Love Jules xx

Janiel/ janny said...

Hello my dear friend....... working 13 hours a day and no play is NOT fun!! Make sure to take care of yourself sweetie. I have been thinking of you.

LOVE YOUR CARD!!! I love the corner pieces. They really set the image off well! And then your coloring is just beautiful!!!

Thanks for stopping by with your uplifting comments. You are one PQ that keeps me going. THANKS for that!!!
big warm huggies, Janiel

Julie said...

Hi Lesley - well I am very proud and honoured to be the recipient of this wonderful card - so beautifully coloured and fab colours!!! Just what I needed, thanks my lovely friend! Hugs, Julie

Vicky said...

Hi sweetie I'm so sorry I've not been over. I love this card love the image the colouring is awesome hun especially on the dresses.
Love your stars & stripes card too hun the image I absolutely love.

Lotsa hugs Vicky xxx

Norma said...

Leslie, this is gorgeous. I don't have this twin Tilda image, but I think it's adorable--beautifully coloured. Love the combination of colours on your card. Beautiful DP's and love the corner die cuts.
Thanks for coming over to play with us at the Magnolia-licious Challenge.
Hugs,
Norma

PS. I was chuckling on your comments about the London buses--sure sounds familiar...LOL.

sarham said...

Thank you for your sweet comment on my blog! I was just visiting yours and loved it! your cards are just so beautiful!!