Sweet Stampin (with my tongue in my cheek) a Totally Gorjuss Kraftin Kimmie whilst Colour Creating with Sketch N Stash
Grab a glass of something that takes your fancy, Peeps, this is gonna be a l-o-n-g one! There is a card at the bottom though if you want to race through.
I have been the lucky and grateful recipient of a couple of awards from a number of blogging buddies and I have been very, very naughty and not posted them! Sorry gals!!!
For this award we need to
1) Decide if you will accept the award, and if you do, create a post on your blog and show the 'Favourite Blog' badge with pride.
2) Link back to the person who gave you the award and let them know if you accept the award or not.
THANK YOU Silvie, Alex and Vicky - I most gratefully accept!
3) Choose 3-5 of your favourite blogs to tag. Add a link to these blogs in your post and give them the good news.
Here goes...Dena, Jacque, Janiel, Kim & Mina
I suspect these uber talented ladies all have awards given to them regularly but they are 5 of my very favourites and I don't think I have chosen them for my awards in the past.
The requirements for this award are as follows:
1. Thank and link back to the person who gave you the award.
Another great big THANK YOU to Vicki, Abi and Linby
2. Share 8 things about yourself.
• I love Cadbury’s chocolate and McVittie’s Jaffa cakes. I can eat a whole giant bar of the former and the entire packet of the latter without so much as a pause!
• I hate baked beans on the same plate as an egg (but I can eat them separately at different times)
• I am not a fan of social media such as Facebook or Twitter
• However, I am delighted that I was encouraged to start a blog. It’s a completely different social media which has enabled me to “meet” a wealth of wonderful, talented, generous and like minded crafting buddies
• I love my home (especially my craft room – see this post if you want to have a peek)
• I hate the giant spiders that inhabit my home with me and come out en masse in the autumn months)
• I have an adorable husband but he is horribly jealous of my cat
• I love my cat!
3. Forward it to 8 recently discovered bloggers
This is a toughie so I’m going to nominate the following who happen to be all of my fellow newly chosen teamies at Stamptacular Sunday Challenge starting in April Bron, Jo, Tine, Marianne, Nina, Kristin, Danielle
Hey there ladies!
and last but not least... Silvie because she was kind enough to give me the Liebster Award and, having looked at her blog, she is deserving of this Stylish Blogger Award!
4. Contact those bloggers and tell them about their award.
If any body else was kind enough to give me an award recently - please forgive me for not saying thank you here. It is always lovely to receive a commendation!
And now I can finally show my card which I made for one of my American cousins who looks sooooo much like the image I have used and who is always sewing!
I am entering my card into Sweet Stampin who want to see our favourite movie. I have several favourites but I am opting for that old favourite with Tom Hanks and Meg Ryan ...
wait for it...
"Seamstress in Seattle"...
Mona the Seamstress is a Kraftin Kimmie where there is an anything goes theme and a "new release" blog hop. The cotton reels and pin cushion are by Clear Dollar Stamps and were part of my "Help for Katie" set as seen on the side bar of Jak Heath's blog here. I have curved them all to give them some dimension and used silicone glue behind them. Totally Gorjuss want to see pearls and lace which worked well with my sewing theme and I placed a little lace either side of my sentiment. I used two real pins but the pins on the image of my pin cushion have pearls. Colour Create want us to use olive green, cream, black and brown from their photo inspiration. My image and accessories are all coloured with Copics and I pretty much stuck to the colour theme but that pin cushion just HAD to be red and the jeans Mona is sewing looked better with a bit of colour. My DP is K&Co and the mounts are a mix of DCWV and Paper Mill. Lastly I used Sue's fabby sketch at Sketch and Stash.Everything on my card is new except for the Dress it Up buttons on the base of the EK Success punched Trellis.
I must say I was delighted with how she turned out. I hope you like it too!
Hi, I'm Lesley. Welcome to my Blog. I am older than I used to be but feel younger since I stopped working full-time and started making cards for friends and family just a few years ago. I love visiting all of the talented creative blogs out there and gaining inspiration for my own work. I am more than happy for you to gain inspiration from my "stuff" too but the copyright for the content of this blog belongs to me, unless otherwise stated, and I would ask you to please respect my copyright. Although not very visible in my card making; I have a passion for frogs - hence the name of my site.
Thank you for stopping by!