No card today but I wanted to tidy up 2010 with some outstanding issues.
Firstly, seeing my sweet and talented friend Alex actually post some items on her blog for a change rather than hide her considerable light under a bushel, reminded me that she very kindly gave me this award whilst I was on holiday.
I had only minimal computer access in October from sunny Florida and I completely forgot about the award until I saw her recent post. So thank you Alex. I do very much appreciate the award even though I forgot I had received it and I am shamefully late posting it myself.
The award comes with the following instructions:
1.Thank the person who gave it to you
2. Put the award on your blog
3. List three things about yourself
• I always try to give the benefit of the doubt and I don’t legislate for rumour. If someone tells me something bad about someone else, I never make my judgement solely on theirs and I am always inclined to see the good in people over the bad. I am not selfless by any stretch of the imagination but I do always try to be considerate of others. It never ceases to amaze me how so many people seem to lack basic consideration for others and I see this as a measure of the declining quality of our society.
• On the down side, I am something of a control freak. I like things done my way and I usually see my way as the best way. I love tidy organised spaces but I loathe tidying and I’m not good at it. Things to be tidied usually get shuffled from one place to another long before they are ever put away. My spices are in alphabetical order on the shelves but 10% of them are dotted around the kitchen waiting to be put back!
• I am hopelessly disorganised with my domestic paperwork. Alex’ kind award is not the only thing still outstanding from my October holiday, I haven’t dealt with any of the mail yet either!
• 4. Post a picture you love
5. Tag 5 other people for the award
Debby http://debby4000.blogspot.com/, and
Which brings me nicely to my second part of this end of year post. Faye at Stampin Fluffnstuff has a little candy running currently "The Twelve Days of Fluffmas" but in order to win, there is a quiz to complete. I am a very regular visitor to Faye's blog but it's not like I knew I was going to be tested on its content so I have to confess that whereas I read all of the posts, I can't remember the detail but I hope the following answers are correct:
1. How old is Sweet Cheeks? 2 years and one month on 3 Jan
2. What is the name of my Mum's Blog? It’s an Alien Life http://itsanalienlife.blogspot.com/
3. What are my favourite colours? yellow and lilac
4. We recently moved, but from which county? Devon
5. How many posts did I write in August? 16
6. Which two Challenge Blogs do I play on? Sweet Stampin & Cupcake Craft
7. When is my birthday? 15 March
8. What is my favourite crafting item? Twine but also string and raffia
9. Name the alternate reality I inhabit? Faye World
10. I love this as much as crafting, what is it? choklit but also cakes, biscuits & ice-cream
11. What do we refer to my Dad as? The Doc (aka Doc Shingles or Keef) (Bonus stash if you can tell me what his remedy for anything is?) 'take a bottle of White Lightening cider'
12. Once Upon a Time, I had a career as? A Pastry Chef, a Restaurant Manager & you worked in HR
So that's it from me for 2010! I wish you all the happiest of New Years! Warmest wishes, Lesley
Less is More #334
18 hours ago