Translate

Wednesday, 27 October 2010

Dieing to punch in pastels

I finally made a card after a five week abstinence using the pastel colour theme at Wild Orchid Challenges and my new MS deep border die, together with two SU punches in keeping with the requirements at Creative Card Crew - Let's punch it, Simon Says - Punch 'em and a Spoon Full of Sugar - Let's get punchy.  
Kraftin Kimmie's fab Rapunzal (coloured with Copics and Promarkers and edged with distress inks) and "Let your Hair Down" sentiment form the chief elements of this "Enjoy your Retirement" card.  Papers are K&Co and I have added some flowers, Craftworks candy and a pretty organza bow.
I know I still haven't been round to see you all - I went to a wedding on Monday, I'm going to a retirement function now and I've had Mum to stay but I will drop by soon.  Promise!

13 comments:

Julie said...

This is truly beautiful Lesley!! Love the colour combo and the ribbon is fab!! Smashing colouring too! Hugs, Juliexx

Lorraine said...

oh this is absolutely stunning i love the colours and the image is so cute and coloured beautifully xx

lalkygirl said...

fantastic card lesley ,love that image ,you have coloured her beautifully,i love your embellies too
lalkygirl x

lalkygirl said...

fantastic card lesley ,love that image ,you have coloured her beautifully,i love your embellies too
lalkygirl x

chris said...

HI Lesley lovely to see you, I always love it when your name pops up on my dashboard, we know we are going to be in for a treat, and this is no exception. its beautiful.
hope you are ok love chris xx

Faye said...

Hey my busy little Flufferette! I love this card. Your colouring is gorgeous and the sentiment is such fun and perfect for a retirement card. Very clever. Hugs. xxx

Mrs A. said...

Well worth the wait. I love the colours you have put together. Wish my hair was that long.

*Vicki* said...

Lesley, this is just gorgeous!! What beautiful details and fabulous coloring!! I love it!! :)

Eisbärin said...

Hello Lesley,
lovely to see you back! I've been out of blogging as well but not because of holidays (coming up next week though!) but because I was a little poorly.
Love your card! The image is so lovely and you coloured it perfectly! The pastels are so pretty and the sheer ribbon just makes the whole thing even more delicate. Wonderful!
Lots of love,
Alex

Kristel said...

That's a gorgeous card Lesley! Looks wonderful!
Hugs Kristel

Vicky said...

OOOOH me is loving this card its gorgeous. I adore the colours they are soooo pretty & the image is fab with your colouring it looks prefect. Totally awesome hun.

Lotsa hugs Vicky xx

CraftyC said...

Hello Lesley, a gorgeous card and I love the papers. Fab image, can you imagine giving that a wash & blow-dry LOL!
Clairexx

Val said...

Hi Lesley

Brilliant card. Is this what you have been doing on hols?

Hugs
Valxx